Lacey’s clients also include Registered Investment Advisors and Private Funds, which she helps with regulatory filings, drafting policies and procedures, and various legal matters. Outside of Vela Wood, Lacey’s company Smart Kx is an RIA billing software solution providing automated contract management and fee calculation services for Registered Investment Advisors.
As a regular speaker on this subject, Lacey has presented at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, the Dallas Bar, the Texas Society of CPAs, the National Society of Compliance Professionals’ National Conference, and to many private legal, accounting, and financial advising groups about blockchain. Lacey hosts regular events aimed at introducing those not traditionally involved in the technology space to blockchain and its effect on their careers, businesses, and lives.
Her current favorite status is watching her two children grow and learn. She and her husband Josh are dedicated wanderers – enjoying traveling close or far from home to take in the sights and meet new people.
- “Blockchain: the One-Ledger Solution” Financial Planning Association of Dallas Fort Worth
- “Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology: A Special Forum for Women” at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- “The Impact of Digital Assets on Your Compliance Program,” National Society of Compliance Professionals (NSCP) National Conference, 2020
- “Emerging, Disruptive, Game-Changing Technology,” University of Texas Essential Cybersecurity Law Conference, 2020
- Member of a winning hackathon team developing a blockchain solution for the cattle industry.
- The first person from Dillon, Montana to attend the University of Texas.
- My first business was “The Bank of This House” where I wrote letters loaning money to my grandparents and subsequent ones demanding payment.
- SMU Dedman School of Law, JD
- University of Texas, B.A. in Government