Vig & Juice Ep.7: The General Landscape
Vig & Juice is a podcast discussing the history and legality of gambling and sports betting in the US hosted by three attorneys who practice Fantasy Sports & Gaming Law at Vela Wood.
In this episode, we discuss shifts in the Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) landscape, including DFS leaders moving into sports betting, how regulators are approaching non-traditional fantasy games, and our predictions for the political battles that lie ahead.
- 0:45 – Recent Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Shifts
- 3:35 – DFS Movement Leaders Moving into Sports Betting, Against Fantasy
- 5:35 – Shifting Legal Landscape of DFS
- 6:45 – Sports Wagering Laws Mentioning Fantasy
- 7:40 – Educating Regulators About Creative Games
- 8:10 – Understanding Skill: Single-Player v. Two-Player
- 12:28 – State Regulation Status Updates
- 13:22 – State Fantasy Governing Authority
- 15:35 – New York Regulation History
- 18:30 – Dominant Factor Test v. Material Element Test
- 20:30 – Final Predictions