Laws of the Game E2: How the Soccer World Works Part 2
Laws of the Game is a Vela Wood podcast discussing the history, operation, and organization of soccer worldwide hosted by Kate Porter and Andrew Visnovsky, our international sports law experts.
In Part 2 of How the Soccer World Works, we discuss club soccer and the similarities and differences between the US and European systems.
- 1:53 – European League Structure
- 3:05 – Differences between United States and European Systems
- 4:45 – Closed League System
- 7:17 – European Club Soccer Systems
- 9:30 – Transinternational Leagues
- 16:48 – MLS vs. European League Seasonal Schedules
- 19:50 – US League All-Star Game
- 21:42 – Euro-Centric Model