Laws of the Game E1: How the Soccer World Works Part 1
Laws of the Game is a Vela Wood podcast discussing the history, operation, and organization of soccer worldwide hosted by Kate Porter and Andrew Visnovsky, our international sports law experts.
Listen on Apple Podcasts!
In this episode, we discuss the organization of soccer on an international level and how the pyramid system works.
- 1:42 – International Soccer Organization: The Pyramid System
- 2:59 – FIFA: 1st Level of the Pyramid System
- 4:19 – IFAB: Rules of the Game
- 7:23 – FIFA Internal Management Structure
- 14:41 – Regulations at FIFA Level
- 16:14 – What is Sports Law?
- 18:04 – Confederations: 2nd Level of the Pyramid System
- 24:01 – Overlap between FIFA & Confederations
- 26:28 – National Associations: 3rd Level of the Pyramid System
- 28:44 – US Soccer Federation
- 32:00 – US Soccer Governance Bodies Outside FIFA (NCAA)