Vela Wood offers a business-savvy and talented group of M&A attorneys who advise clients on deals throughout the United States and overseas. We have robust experience in all types of M&A transactions, including mergers, asset purchases, equity sales, management buyouts, divestitures, joint ventures, and other corporate restructurings.
Our attorneys pride themselves on providing expert, responsive and diligent representation to target companies of all sizes, buyers (including strategics, private equity funds, and searchfunds), financial advisors, and other M&A deal participants. While our corporate lawyers generally coordinate all aspects of M&A representation, they work closely with lawyers in other areas of the firm’s practice, such as tax, intellectual property, venture, and employment to provide critical support for transactions.
- Represented a services company in its $60M acquisition by a publicly traded private equity fund
- Represented multiple searchfunds in connection with their formations, equity raises, platform and add-on acquisitions, acquisition financings, and ongoing legal work
- Represented a SaaS company in its $50M acquisition by a private equity fund
- Represented an artificial intelligence company with operations in Brazil and the United States with its acquisition by a Brazilian fintech
- Represented a telecommunications company in its $35M acquisition by a private equity fund
- Represented a events company in its merger with a larger competitor
- Represented a real estate software company in a $65M exit to a publicly-traded company
- Represented an e-commerce company in a $50M exit to a private equity firm
- Represented defi SOLUTIONS in its merger with Sagent Auto
- Represented a home health agency in its $35M exit to a private equity fund
- Focus on lower to middle market transactions ranging from $5M to $75M