Trevor graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif from Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, Missouri. Prior to law school, Trevor graduated from the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis with a B.S.B.A. in Finance and a B.S.B.A. in Entrepreneurship. Trevor also served as team captain of the Wash. U. Bears football team.
Upon graduation from business school and prior to law school, Trevor ventured into the world of entrepreneurship with his own startup where he created a proprietary product in the sports, nutrition, and supplement space.
Prior to joining Vela Wood, Trevor was an associate in the corporate group at Baker Botts L.L.P. in Dallas, Texas. During his time at his prior firm, Trevor focused his practice on mergers & acquisitions, as well as general corporate, commercial, and transactional work for public and private companies, closely-held businesses, private equity and venture capital firms, emerging growth companies, family offices, entrepreneurs, and startup clients.
Trevor has had the pleasure of working with both public and private, and U.S. and international clients on a wide range of deal sizes from $100,000 to over $2 billion, and is experienced in many areas of corporate law including both buy-side and sell-side M&A, corporate governance, private equity and related fund formation and investment advisor registrations, public and private company-side offerings/financings and investor-side investments. He has experience in a broad spectrum of industries including food & beverage, sports, gaming, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, technology, cannabis, and oil and gas.
Trevor was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri before moving to Texas, where he currently resides. He lives in Dallas with his most loyal companion, Kal, a 5lb. chihuahua, who runs the show. Trevor enjoys fitness, creating/building new projects, exploring, movies, concerts/music, being a big foodie and a big eater, cooking/baking all the things, traveling, and just a good ole fashion awesome time with family, friends, and new connections.
- Trevor loves sports and attending the many sporting events around Dallas. He is a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals and St. Louis Blues fan. He is also a longtime loyal fan of Chelsea FC, the Boston Celtics and the Dallas Cowboys.
- Trevor studied the Japanese language beginning in middle school through collegiate coursework and has since resorted to self-study measures to improve and maintain speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Trevor is a foodie and loves to explore all the food scene around Dallas and elsewhere (when his fitness goals permit such indulgence).
Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- Honor Scholar Award
- CALI Academic Excellence Awards in Federal Taxation, Torts, Trademarks & Unfair Competition, and Wealth Management and Estate Planning
- Dean’s List
Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School
- B.S.B.A in Finance and Entrepreneurship
- Captain, Washington University Football
- 2013 National Football Foundation’s Hampshire Honors Society Member and Academic All-American
- 2012 Washington University Football’s Old Bear Award Recipient