Alyson Rubio graduated from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law (USC) in Los Angeles, California. While in law school, she served as a topic editor for the Hale Moot Court Honors Program. Prior to law school, Alyson graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas with a B.A. in Plan II Honors and Government.
After graduating from USC, Alyson returned to Austin to begin her corporate legal practice at DLA Piper from 2015 – 2018. Prior to joining Vela Wood, Alyson moved to Dallas and was an associate at Akin Gump from 2018 – 2021.
Alyson has also dedicated significant time to pro bono matters focused on social justice, including working with the Promise of Justice Initiative in its non-unanimous jury project and successfully obtaining compassionate release for an individual with end-stage kidney disease.
Alyson grew up in Vienna, West Virginia. She is an avid Peloton member and enjoys reading, interior design, and painting (her quarantine hobby).
- Represented Dallas-based venture capital firm in its $4M Series A investment in a UK-based SaaS company.
- Represented Dallas-based investor in its Series Seed investment in Colorado-based homebuilding company.
- Represented Dallas-based investor in its Series Seed investment in Chicago-based multi-unit operator of delivery-only kitchens.
- Represented Texas-based drone-system company in its $1M crowdfunding campaign.
- Advised a NYSE American-listed international oil and gas company in a going private transaction
- Advised a NYSE-listed media company in the sale of its minority stake in a multimedia entertainment company valued at approximately $380 million (before transaction-related adjustments)
- Advised a provider of commercial consumer solutions for UV air and surface sanitization and LED circadian lighting in its Series A, Series B, and Series C financings and related follow-on investments with aggregate proceeds in excess of $30 million
- Advised a Dallas-based private equity fund in its strategic investment in a property restoration company and plumbing franchise business
- Advised a Texas-based company with respect to its internal reorganization in anticipation of a potential initial public offering
- Advised a St. Louis-based law firm in a strategic merger with a Dallas-based law firm
- Advised an Austin-based public company in a $24 million cross-border reverse triangular merger
- Advised an Austin-based public company in a $14 million cross-border reverse triangular merger involving an F-reorganization and continuation in Canada
- Fulfilled a lifelong dream by attending a live Jeopardy taping where she met Alex Trebek
- Survived a true arctic plunge in the partially-frozen Jacques-Cartier River in Quebec, Canada
- Enjoys making everyday an adventure with the help of her two Golden Retrievers, Louis and Clark
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Plan II Honors and Government