Paul Wolpert graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, Texas. While in law school, Paul served on the Texas Law Review. Prior to law school, Paul graduated from Siena College in Loudonville, New York with a B.A. in Philosophy.
Prior to joining Vela Wood, Paul served as an Associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, as Senior Counsel at Ocwen Financial Corporation, and as Of Counsel at Whiteman, Osterman and Hanna LLP.
- Represented sellers and issuers in connection with M&A exit transactions and equity financings
- Represented buyers, including private equity sponsors and search funds, with respect to M&A transactions and related acquisition financings
- Represented borrowers and lenders with respect to cash flow and asset-based secured lending transactions
- Represented the underwriters in the $671 million initial public offering of The Carlyle Group L.P.
- Represented Endo International plc in connection with a 144A debt offering with a principal amount of $750 million
- Represented the underwriters in connection with separate but concurrent 144A debt offerings by Origin Energy with principal amounts of $800 million and €800 million
- Represented Westfield Group in connection with a 144A debt offering with a principal amount of $500 million and other U.S. financing matters, including tender offers and make-whole redemptions
- Represented the Commonwealth of Australia in relation to the Australian government’s guarantee of Australian bank bond offerings
- Represented the dealer panel of New South Wales Treasury Corporation’s U.S. SEC-registered medium-term note program
- Represented Green Bancorp, Inc., a sponsor-backed bank holding company, in connection with its initial public offering
- Represented Meridian Energy and the New Zealand Crown, as selling stockholder, in connection with the U.S. 144A offering of shares as part of Meridian’s NZ$1.9 billion New Zealand Exchange listed initial public offering.
- Paul played NCAA Division I lacrosse during his time at Siena College.
- Paul has spent extensive time traveling, including solo backpacking trips around Europe and Asia.
- During his time at Skadden Arps, Paul spent two years working at the firm’s office in Sydney, Australia.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., Honors, Texas Law Review
- Siena College, B.A. in Philosophy, Magna Cum Laude