At Vela Wood, Alexus advises clients on a wide variety of corporate transactional matters, including debt and equity financings, entity structure and formation, corporate restructures, due diligence in M&A transactions, and securities law compliance.
Prior to joining Vela Wood, Alexus Esquibel graduated from SMU Dedman School of Law in Dallas, Texas. While in law school, she served on various student organization boards, including Vice President of Women in Law, Vice President of the Hispanic Law Student Association, and SMU Law’s Student Liaison to the Dallas Bar Association. In addition, she served as a Staff Editor and Online Executive Editor to SMU Law’s International Law Review Association.
Throughout law school, Alexus was also recognized for her community involvement and academic performance through various scholarship programs, including being named a Dean’s Scholar, Cary M. Maguire Scholar, Donald C. McCleary-Gardere Leadership Scholar, and Dallas Hispanic Law Foundation Grant recipient. She remains active in the legal community through her membership with the Dallas Hispanic Bar Association.
Prior to law school, Alexus graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a B.A. in International Relations and Global Studies.
In her free time, Alexus is an avid Longhorn football fan, traveler, and photographer.
- Represented an electronics developer in a $35M acquisition by a strategic buyer
- Represented an ecommerce company in a $20M acquisition by a publicly traded company
- Represented a B2B logistics technology company in a $7M Series Seed Financing
- Represented a search fund in a $4M acquisition of a utility company
- Represented a fintech SaaS company in a $3.5M Series Seed Financing
- Represented an AI software company in a $13M Series A Financing
- Represented venture startups in Convertible Note and Safe transactions aggregating in excess of $10M
- Is one of 43 grandchildren and the only one in her family to have graduated from college and law school.
- Studied abroad in Brazil for six months and became fluent in Portuguese.
- Will never turn down a slice of pizza.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., International Relations and Global Studies, Liberal Arts Honors Graduate
- SMU Dedman School of Law, J.D., Dean’s Scholar, Cary M. Maguire Ethics Scholar, Donald C. McCleary-Gardere Leadership Scholar, DHFL Scholar